Knowing your cholesterol levels could be important to your long term health, and survival. Problem is up until know it’s been difficult to make sense of it all. This infographic will help you to make easy sense as to what good, and bad cholestrol are as well as understanding the numbers behind it all, and more.
What is the Purpose of Cholesterol Levels?
About 75 percent of the cholesterol in your body is produced in your liver, while the other 25 percent is obtained from the foods you eat. This soft, waxy substance is essential for the production of:
- Cell membranes
- Bile acids (for fat metabolism)
- Vitamin D
Cholesterol also contributes to the formation of your memories and is crucial for your neurological function. Cholesterol also affects the formation of serotonin, a hormone that is involved in your mood regulation.
Studies have found that people with insufficient levels of cholesterol have a higher chance of developing depression and suicidal thoughts, while others may experience an increased capacity for violence and aggression. In extreme cases, low cholesterol can raise your risk of cancer and Parkinson’s disease.
A rise in cholesterol levels, on the other hand, occurs in response to damaged cells. A high amount of this substance in your bloodstream just proves that your body is working to repair or create new cells.
Let's face it, toilet paper is not the most sexy thing to post about. However if you have ever run short of it you…
Many people have heard about 550 paracord, but are still note quite sure of all it can do. 550 is a very…
Camping in cold weather presents a different set of problems, and challenges. In this cold camping lesson there is…
Ready - Inform - Defend