Many people want to make gel fuel because it is safer to use than regular fuel. If you accidentally knock it over, or for some reason it happens to spill it won’t create a fuel fire like regular fuel because it’s a gel. Please remember it will still burn you, so always use safety precautions.
It makes a great survival tool because it doesn’t create any toxic gas in a closed environment. The problem with gel fuel is it is rather expensive. So, we are going to show you 2 ways to make gel fuel.
It doesn’t matter which method you use to make gel fuel, as they both work well. It’s simply a matter of choice, or maybe you already have the supplies you need on hand to make gel fuel using one of the methods shown.
As we mentioned earlier either of these methods work very well. It’s simply which one you prefer. Maybe try making a small test batch of each to see which one you like best.
Method#1-How to Make Gel Fuel with Soy Wax
- If you choose to use the soy wax, just follow some simply steps:
- Melt 6 ounces of soy wax in a pan.
- Add 1/2 cup 70-99% isopropyl alcohol (higher percentage is better if you can find it) and stir until completely combined.
- Pour the mixture into 6 soup cans or pet food cans until they’re about 3/4 of the way full then add a wick that goes to the bottom of the gel fuel.
- Cool in the fridge for several hours or overnight, and then it’s ready to use.
If you’d rather store in quantity, you can put it in gallon jugs. Just make sure that you label it well so that nobody mistakes it for water or something else and store it away from children and pets.
To see method #2 go to the full original article located here: AskAPrepper.com
We’ve also added a video on how to make gel fuel for your reference.
This New survival tool has already been banned in certain states. BANNED in certain parts of New Jersey! …
Having multiple places, and ways to hide your valuables is a good idea. When we came across these DIY…
There are survival, or disaster situations where being seen is imperative. It could mean the difference between…
Ready - Inform - Defend