Who doesn’t want to save money on home? In this outstanding article top home improvement expert Bob Villa reveals some great money saving tips for your home.
In this article Bob Villa will show you how to save $100 by making a simple change in your electrical habits. He also reveals a very easy, yet simple way to save 2,900 gallons of water per year.
Below you will find some great money saving tips that you can use right away. Some are very easy to implement, and will only take a few minutes or seconds to make the change.
1. Unplug it! “Vampire” electronics consume power even when turned off. A typical household can save $100 a year using smart power strips, which cut electricity to devices in standby mode.
2. Install a low-flow showerhead. You won’t even notice the difference, because a low-flow fixture reduces the volume of water but does not affect the water pressure in any way. Save 2,900 gallons a year, according to the EPA.
3. In the winter, reverse your ceiling fan. Revolving clockwise, the fan will pull up cool air and send down the heated air that’s settled near the ceiling.
4. Seal drafty windows and doors so your heating and cooling systems don’t have to work overtime. Save 20 percent on energy to heat and cool a home that is well sealed and insulated.
5. Lower your water heater temperature setting. Manufacturers often configure the default to 140 degrees, when for the average home 120 degrees is sufficient. With each decrease of 10 degrees, you save an additional 3 to 5 percent in energy costs.
To see tips 6-11 go to: Aarp.Org
If you are on a tight budget rice, and beans is what many people turn to survive. Rice, and beans are cheap to make,…
Lithium Ion Batteries are expensive. Do a simple search on Google by typing in the # US18650gr and you'll find that…
Replacing a broken drum belt on your clothes dryer is fairly easy once you watch this short video. It can be completed…
Ready - Inform - Defend