Winter is winding down, however, it’s still cold in many areas. We don’t have to tell anyone heating a home can be very expensive. We searched hi, and low for a way to heat your home for free and found a do it yourself solar heat box.
It is pure genius, and it only takes around $6, and some materials you probably already have. It will take about 3 hours to complete the project.
We’ll start off my telling you that your solar heat box will comfortably heat 500 – 1000 square feet. If your home is bigger you could build a few more.
Thinking outside the box a little, you could put one of these solar heat boxes on your greenhouse to heat it and grow vegetables all winter long.
Below the video, we’ve included directions to supplement what is shown in the video. Go ahead and watch the video now and learn how to heat your home for free.
Simple Directions (Watch the video first)
1. Build wood frame
2. Put aluminum foil on inside of back
3. Install wire screen 2″ above the foil
4, Cover the entire frame with polycarbonate to allow the sun to come in
hit the foil and reflect and concentrate the heat on the “black wire”.
5. Cut a hole at the top of the back wall and another at the bottom of the front polycarbonate wall.
6. Cut a vent hole to match each in your wall, be sure you use an AC vent that can be opened or closed seasonally.
7. If you want to control the speed of the air, install a fan to pull or push the air through.
Originally posted 2014-04-25 17:42:15.
This T Bar Snare trap works just like it does in the movies. It can be used to hunt small. and mid size animals.…
Having a clean windshield could save you from having an accident. Most people when cleaning their windshields simply…
In this post, you'll learn a really cool little known gun training tip. (It's about halfway down this page). Most…
Ready - Inform - Defend