Who doesn’t want to save money on home? In this outstanding article top home improvement expert Bob Villa reveals some great money saving tips for your home.
In this article Bob Villa will show you how to save $100 by making a simple change in your electrical habits. He also reveals a very easy, yet simple way to save 2,900 gallons of water per year.
Below you will find some great money saving tips that you can use right away. Some are very easy to implement, and will only take a few minutes or seconds to make the change.
1. Unplug it! “Vampire” electronics consume power even when turned off. A typical household can save $100 a year using smart power strips, which cut electricity to devices in standby mode.
2. Install a low-flow showerhead. You won’t even notice the difference, because a low-flow fixture reduces the volume of water but does not affect the water pressure in any way. Save 2,900 gallons a year, according to the EPA.
3. In the winter, reverse your ceiling fan. Revolving clockwise, the fan will pull up cool air and send down the heated air that’s settled near the ceiling.
4. Seal drafty windows and doors so your heating and cooling systems don’t have to work overtime. Save 20 percent on energy to heat and cool a home that is well sealed and insulated.
5. Lower your water heater temperature setting. Manufacturers often configure the default to 140 degrees, when for the average home 120 degrees is sufficient. With each decrease of 10 degrees, you save an additional 3 to 5 percent in energy costs.
To see tips 6-11 go to: Aarp.Org
⚒ Freebies - Guides - Methods ⚒
This discovery has the potential to free yourself from the ever-rising costs and change the course of the electric industry.
Here’s the smart solution to the nightmare of never owning your own home.
And it all fits into a grenade-sized pack, easy to keep with you at all times.
Gun laws are changing right now. And this change affects you in a MAJOR Way.
📭 Emails I sent with methods & tips:
Howdy… Jason here and it’s important that you maintain good body heat at all times, particularly in your trunk around your vital organs. So, if
Howdy… it’s Jason and it’s a good idea to paint you small tools in some bright color – orange or even fluorescent. Then, when you
More from the blog
Soy milk, and soy yogurt is so good for you especially when it’s organic. The problem is it’s so expensive. In this video you’re going
How To Make Your Own Nut Cracker Machine – Shell A 5 Gallon Bucket Of Walnuts In Just 5 Minutes…Awesome Idea Here!
How would you like to be able to shell a 5 gallon of bucket of walnuts in 5 minutes or less? With this DIY nut
How To Make A $120 Ultimate Bushcraft Axe For $7 – Awesome Axe That’s Just As Good As Those Swedish Axes
Survivalists, and bushcrafters are into axes. A good quality Swedish axe can cost upwards of $120. If you can afford it, go ahead and purchase